In order to allow tracking of the evolution of a project through time, SonarCloud keeps data on past analyses. However, data is progressively deleted as it gets older.
After each analysis the following is removed:
- The source code of the previous analysis.
- Measures at the directory and file levels.
- History at the package/directory level.
Additionally, for each project, snapshots of analyses (main branch, non-main branch, and pull request) are retained or removed according to the following rules:
- All snapshots are retained for one day.
- After one day, only one snapshot per day is retained.
- After one week, only one snapshot per week is retained.
- After 4 weeks, only one snapshot for every 4 weeks is retained.
In all the above cases, in addition to the single snapshot retained at each step, any snapshots marked by an event are also retained. See Activity History for information on events.
- After 2 years, only snapshots with version events are retained. Snapshots without events or with only non-version events are deleted.
- After 5 years all snapshots are deleted, including snapshots marked by version events.
- All closed issues more than 30 days old are deleted.
These settings cannot be customized.